Friday 3 April 2009

Like a shoebox of photographs with sepia-toned loving

Hi there,

Photography has been something that I have took an interest in last summer. My dad used to photograph as a pastime and he took some pretty neat pictures. After he explained the basics to me, I started getting books out of the library and my interest has since grown to an aspiration to start taking better pictures myself. My dad did warn me that with the non digital SLRs it could be a timely process to getting used to using the correct appeture, shutter speed etc. for the right kind of photograph however, something that is keeping me motivated to start trying it out myself, is viewing other photographers fantastic photos. When I see a photo of something, someplace or somebody that is truly beautiful it just makes me wish that I could do that too. Please be sure to comment and let me know of any photographers that you enjoy.


A photographer that has proved very inspiring, is Elanor Harwick. At just fifteen she has already become an established photographer as well as her photographs being featured in the pages of popular London based magazine, Dazed and Confused. The photo at the top of my blog is infact one of hers and how beautiful it is. Her pictures have been known to convey powerful messages, some of which are clear and others leaving the viewer to decide and they seem to confess a fabulous dream and somtimes surreal feel to them which makes them so appealing to the eye.





With her quirky style and youthful persepctive, I get the feeling that her success will only grow. I always find it so inspiring when you come across an adolescent that is doing something they love and already are suceeding at getting their name known. Elanor is doing exactly that and surpassing expecatations that older generations seem to have of the youth of today.







Have a nice day
xxx

6 comments:

  1. those are really good, love the second one

    ReplyDelete
  2. only fifteen??!
    her photos are simply gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indeed, I narrowed it down to two photos for this post but you should take at her website.
    http://eleanorhardwick.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the phptosss


    http://mikyscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ingenious photography, stellar, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete