Friday 6 March 2009

It's a small world afterall

Hi, how you doing?

So I read about "tilt shift photography" a while ago but when viewing some beautiful examples of it online, I have been re-inspired to try it out myself.


Tilt shift is basically when real life photos are taken and then altered to make the image appear to look like a minature model.



The idea is that the photo is generally (but not necessarily taken from a high viewpoint to enhance the model like feel. I found these really great examples online and clear instuctions on how to achieve the effect.


So I've decided that I'm definetly going to give it a try (as soon as I've found a high enough view point with an interesting lookout) and I'll post any later attempts.



Great news! I've discovered that there is infact a Glasgow Fashion Week which I had never ever considered checking. With over 80% of Britain's designers based in London I think that it's definetly a positive thing for young Scottish designers to have somewhere a bit more local to showcase there designs. I mean we're the home of tartan (possible better known as plaid) and how many designers have used the design in their collections. Henry Holland, Vivienne Westwood, Dolce and Gabbana to name yet a few. So apparently this fashion week has existed for years but I'll be sure to attend the fall/winter shows as soon as dates are announced.




I am indeed liking the look of Andreas Geogious's designs (above) that were shown during Glasgow fashion week 2008, they are very playful and quirky. Ricky Sarkany's bohemian style dresses (below) boast Aztec style prints but with a shorter length that keeps the clothes modern looking, very now.


So I am looking forward to attending already but am somehow already expecting it to be held on a school day so errrrrrrr I guess I'll keep updated online?

Have a nice day

xx

9 comments:

  1. I love the tilt shift photos, it's such an interesting concept. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tilt shift photos are awesome, the one with the train is perfect with the blue sky..Thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those small photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are gorgeous! But as far as I know tilt-shift is mainly used for architecture photography and you can use it for many different purposes, I am sure 'real-life-to-miniature' is a biggie in the tilt-shift fanboys world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, thanks for letting me know! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! I could have some fun with that feature...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally leaving you a comment like I promised. Really want to try out tilt shift but cant find any in my albums which I think are suitable. Love the blog and cant wait for new posts.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice photos1
    &&nice blog
    x

    ReplyDelete