Monday 20 April 2009

Paul Baribeau took me to a giant tire swing

I'm back from England and I had an amazing time! The English countryside was giving me constant reminders of Luella's oh-so-proper spring 09 collection and I was really hoping to see this gal riding by on a horse but apparently that doesn't really happen there.





There was also the best tree swing ever there which succesfully made Kimya Dawson's "tyre swing" play constantly in my head all week. Not that I minded, it's a great song! Since I've came home the weather has been crazily brilliant so I'm spending so much of my time studying outside and appreciating every second of it.











(Mothers old Dr. Martins, Top and Belt also used to be my mothers and tartan trousers are from Topshop)

I also seriously want to live in this house. I read about it in Lula magazine I just adore it. It's an old farmhouse out in the Canadian countryside and it was tranformed into a chraming life-sized dollhouse by artist Heather Benning.








Amazingly enough, Heather did 90% of the entire job herself and only received help from a friend for the really tricky bits. To me, it's such a mesmirising idea to have such a picturesque little house on such desolate plains. Heather said in the interview that she infact began to imagine the family that would live there and concluded that they had two children before going on to explain the details of their lifestyle. It's really beautiful when somebody is so passionate about what they are doing that they become so involved and I can imagine it would be somewhat sad when she finished the project, like when you enjoy a book so much that you wish it to continue. However, all those working hours have certainly been worthwhile and her efforts have led to an unique piece of artwork for others to enjoy visiting and get lost in the fairytale pastel-walled rooms, creating stories of there own.






Take Care.


Gwendolyn


xxx

14 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and the house in Lula is just so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice!
    You look naturally at the photos, I like them.
    and the house..from what matirial is it made?

    thanks for comment
    have a lovely day
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the house was an old farm house so I presume the external walls would be stone and it looks like there are wooden panels on top. Thank you both
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pants!
    And that house is quite adorable, it'd be such a fantasy living there,

    i agree, it is very nice to come across other bloggers your age. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    -xoxo Mo
    http://darkchocolatecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look like charlotte geinsbourg! and that is a big compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. u look loevely
    LOVE THE PANTSS
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean that's a REAL house? o-my-god how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pics! nice pants ^^
    And the house is awesome!
    Thanks for reacting my blog, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that house is most bodacious.

    though i imagine it'd be coldcoldcold in winter, due to its lack of wall... :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. will always love thosepants
    post something new!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That house is sooooo coool ... i love your hair by the wayy

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think everything to do with scotland is very rare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pants you're wearing! the cut-off at the ankle is great. and i wish i lived in that hosue =]

    ReplyDelete